DrMaryGPatton.com will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- I am performing a contract with you for my services or books; and
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Dr. Mary G. Patton, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via my contact details at the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of May 2019.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website https://drmarygpatton.com (the“Website”) or through the newsletter link sign up
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website/Newsletter in the following ways:
When you sign-up to receive free content, including newsletters and other offers
When you elect to purchase my book(s) or service(s) with payment through Paypal.
Types of Personal Data Collected
(For purchases: financial information MAY have to be disclosed to drmarygpatton.com and also to Paypal)
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of my website/newsletter;
- to provide you with books or services
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website/newsletter through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
6. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email books @ drmarygpatton.com (remove spaces when sending email)
- see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask me to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
7. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I have collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
8. Contact Us
Email for Privacy Questions: books @ drmarygpatton.com (remove spaces when sending email)